Why too few doctors — is there a remedy?
medical duty, duty hours, civil contract
- Temple J. Resident duty hours around the globe: where are we now? BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14(Suppl 1): S8.
- UK Department of Health: What is the European Working Time Directive? 2009. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk//http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Managingyourorganisation/Workforce/Workforceplanninganddevelopment/Europeanworkingtimedirective/index.htm (18.03.2018).
- By virtue of the Act of 22 December 1999 amending the Act on Healthcare Institutions. Journal of Laws. 2000; No. 3(item 28).
- European Justice Tribunal verdict dated 09.09.2003, C-151/02, Landeshaupstatdt Kiel vs Norbert Jaeger. http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=OJ%3AC%3A2003%3A264%3ATOC (18.03.2018).
- Parshuram CS, Amaral AC, Ferguson ND, et al. Canadian Critical Care Trials Group. Patient safety, resident well-being and continuity of care with different resident duty schedules in the intensive care unit: a randomized trial. CMAJ. 2015; 187(5): 321–329.
- Ahmed N, Devitt KS, Keshet I, et al. A systematic review of the effects of resident duty hour restrictions in surgery: impact on resident wellness, training, and patient outcomes. Ann Surg. 2014; 259(6): 1041–1053.
- Fletcher KE, Nickoloff S, Whittle J, et al. Why residents consider working beyond the duty hour limits: implications of the ACGME 2011 duty hour standards. J Grad Med Educ. 2011; 3(4): 571–573.
- Jena AB, Prasad V, Romley JA. Long-term effects of the 2003 ACGME resident duty hour reform on hospital mortality. Mayo Clin Proc. 2014; 89(7): 1023–1025.
- Borman KR, Jones AT, Shea JA. Duty hours, quality of care, and patient safety: general surgery resident perceptions. J Am Coll Surg. 2012; 215(1): 70–7; discussion 77.
- Bandiera G, Hynes MK, Spadafora SM. Duty hour restrictions: organizational dynamics, systems issues, and the impact on faculty. BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14 Suppl 1: S5.
- Grogan EL. Should I lie about my work hours this week? J Am Coll Surg. 2005; 200(4): 635–636.
- By virtue of the Act of 24 August 2007 amending the Act on Healthcare Institutions and the Act on Higher Education. Journal of Laws. ROK??; No. 176(item 1240).
- Polish Supreme Court Decision, November 6th 2014, I PZP 2/14.
- Polish Supreme Court Decision, June 22nd 2015, I UZ 3/15, LEX number 1781846.
- Giardino AP. Medical education and resident work hours. JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association. 1990; 263(5): 620–620.
- Imrie KR, Frank JR, Parshuram CS. Resident duty hours: past, present, and future. BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14(Suppl 1): S1.
- Osborne R, Parshuram CS. Delinking resident duty hours from patient safety. BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14(Suppl 1): S2.
- Dussault C, Saad N, Carrier J. 16-hour call duty schedules: the Quebec experience. BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14 Suppl 1: S10.
- Jamal MH, Wong S, Whalen TV. Effects of the reduction of surgical residents' work hours and implications for surgical residency programs: a narrative review. BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14 Suppl 1: S14.
- Sun NZ, Maniatis T. Scheduling in the context of resident duty hour reform. BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14 Suppl 1: S18.
- Fletcher KE, Reed DA, Arora VM. Patient safety, resident education and resident well-being following implementation of the 2003 ACGME duty hour rules. J Gen Intern Med. 2011; 26(8): 907–919.
- Pattani R, Wu PE, Dhalla IA. Resident duty hours in Canada: past, present and future. CMAJ. 2014; 186(10): 761–765.
- Masterson MF, Shrichand P, Maniate JM. Resident duty hours in Canada: a survey and national statement. BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14 Suppl 1: S9.
- Imrie KR, Frank JR, Parshuram CS. Resident duty hours: past, present, and future. BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14 Suppl 1: S1.
- Shetty KD, Bhattacharya J. Changes in hospital mortality associated with residency work-hour regulations. Ann Intern Med. 2007; 147(2): 73.