Second-line treatment in non-small cell lung cancer
non-small-cell lung cancer; second-line therapy; chemotherapy; targeted therapy
Second-line treatment in non-small cell lung cancer
Onkol. Prak. Klin 2009;5(1):1-8.
non-small-cell lung cancer
- Chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis using updated data on individual patients from 52 randomised clinical trials. Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Collaborative Group. BMJ. 1995; 311(7010): 899–909.
- Pfister DG, Johnson DH, Azzoli CG, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology. American Society of Clinical Oncology treatment of unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer guideline: update 2003. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22(2): 330–353.
- Jassem J, Drosik K, Dziadziuszko R, et al. Systemowe leczenie niedrobnokomórkowego raka płuca i złośliwego międzybłoniaka opłucnej: uaktualnione zalecenia oparte na wynikach wiarygodnych badań klinicznych. Nowotwory — J Oncol. 2007; 57: 71–78.
- Scagliotti GV, De Marinis F, Rinaldi M, et al. Italian Lung Cancer Project. Phase III randomized trial comparing three platinum-based doublets in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20(21): 4285–4291.
- Schiller JH, Harrington D, Belani CP, et al. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Comparison of four chemotherapy regimens for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2002; 346(2): 92–98.
- Scagliotti GV, Parikh P, von Pawel J, et al. Phase III study comparing cisplatin plus gemcitabine with cisplatin plus pemetrexed in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26(21): 3543–3551.
- Shepherd FA, Dancey J, Ramlau R, et al. Prospective randomized trial of docetaxel versus best supportive care in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18(10): 2095–2103.
- Fossella FV, DeVore R, Kerr RN, et al. Randomized phase III trial of docetaxel versus vinorelbine or ifosfamide in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-containing chemotherapy regimens. The TAX 320 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 2000; 18(12): 2354–2362.
- Hanna N, Shepherd FA, Fossella FV, et al. Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22(9): 1589–1597.
- Adjei AA. Current data with pemetrexed (Alimta) in non-small-cell lung cancer. Clin Lung Cancer. 2003; 4 Suppl 2: S64–S67.
- Esteban E, González de Sande L, Fernández Y, et al. Grupo Oncológico del Norte de España. Prospective randomised phase II study of docetaxel versus paclitaxel administered weekly in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy. Ann Oncol. 2003; 14(11): 1640–1647.
- Bonomi P, Paz-Ares L, Langer C, et al. Xyotax versus docetaxel for the second-line treatment of non-small cell lung cancer: the STELLAR 2 phase III study. Lung Cancer. 2005; 49(supl. 2): 35.
- Ramlau R, Gervais R, Krzakowski M, et al. Phase III study comparing oral topotecan to intravenous docetaxel in patients with pretreated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24(18): 2800–2807.
- Krzakowski M, Douillard JY, Ramlau R, et al. Phase III study of vinflunine versus docetaxel in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer previously treated with a platinum-containing regimen. . J. Clin. Oncol. 2007; 25((supl. 18)): 387 (a7511).
- Di Maio M, Perrone F, Chiodini P, et al. Individual patient data meta-analysis of docetaxel administered once every 3 weeks compared with once every week second-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25(11): 1377–1382.
- Cullen MH, Zatloukal P, Sörenson S, et al. A randomized phase III trial comparing standard and high-dose pemetrexed as second-line treatment in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol. 2008; 19(5): 939–945.
- Weiss G, Rosell R, Fossella F, et al. The impact of induction chemotherapy on the outcome of second-line therapy with pemetrexed or docetaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. Annals of Oncology. 2006; 18(3): 453–460.
- Giaccone G. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitors in the Treatment of Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2005; 23(14): 3235–3242.
- Shepherd FA, Rodrigues Pereira J, Ciuleanu T, et al. National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group. Erlotinib in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2005; 353(2): 123–132.
- Tsao MS, Sakurada A, Cutz JC, et al. Erlotinib in lung cancer - molecular and clinical predictors of outcome. N Engl J Med. 2005; 353(2): 133–144.
- Dziadziuszko R, Hirsch FR, Varella-Garcia M, et al. Epidermal growth factor rececptor (EGFR) immunihistochemistry: comparison of antibodies (Abs) and cut points to predict benefit from gefitinib in a phase III placebo-controlled study in advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC). J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 403 (a7576).
- Hirsch FR, Varella-Garcia M, McCoy J, et al. Southwest Oncology Group. Increased epidermal growth factor receptor gene copy number detected by fluorescence in situ hybridization associates with increased sensitivity to gefitinib in patients with bronchioloalveolar carcinoma subtypes: a Southwest Oncology Group Study. J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23(28): 6838–6845.
- Lynch TJ, Bell DW, Sordella R, et al. Activating mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor underlying responsiveness of non-small-cell lung cancer to gefitinib. N Engl J Med. 2004; 350(21): 2129–2139.
- Pao W, Miller V, Zakowski M, et al. EGF receptor gene mutations are common in lung cancers from "never smokers" and are associated with sensitivity of tumors to gefitinib and erlotinib. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004; 101(36): 13306–13311.
- Di Ma, Chiodini P, Georgoulias V, et al. Single-agent vs combination chemotherapy as second-line treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis of individual data of five randomized trials. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26(supl. 15): 436.
- Weiss GJ, Langer C, Rosell R, et al. Elderly patients benefit from second-line cytotoxic chemotherapy: a subset analysis of a randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed compared with docetaxel in patients with previously treated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24(27): 4405–4411.
- Wheatley-Price P, Ding K, Seymour L, et al. Erlotinib for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer in the elderly: an analysis of the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group Study BR.21. J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26(14): 2350–2357.