Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and COVID-19 pandemic
Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and COVID-19 pandemic
Medical Research Journal 2021;6(2):83-85.
Jerzy Robert Ładny
- Fothergill RT, Smith AL, Wrigley F, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in London during the COVID-19 pandemic. Resusc Plus. 2021; 5: 100066.
- McVaney KE, Pepe PE, Maloney LM, et al. Writing group on behalf of the Metropolitan EMS Medical Directors Global Alliance. The relationship of large city out-of-hospital cardiac arrests and the prevalence of COVID-19. EClinicalMedicine. 2021; 34: 100815.
- Charlton K, Limmer M, Moore H. Incidence of emergency calls and out-of-hospital cardiac arrest deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic: findings from a cross-sectional study in a UK ambulance service. Emerg Med J. 2021; 38(6): 446–449.
- Glober NK, Supples M, Faris G, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest volumes and characteristics during the COVID-19 pandemic. Am J Emerg Med. 2021 [Epub ahead of print]; 48: 191–197.
- Rollman JE, Kloner RA, Bosson N, et al. Emergency medical services responses to out-of-hospital cardiac arrest and suspected ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction during the COVID-19 pandemic in Los Angeles county. J Am Heart Assoc. 2021; 10(12): e019635.
- Wienbergen H, Retzlaff T, Schmucker J, et al. Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on presentation and outcome of consecutive patients admitted to hospital due to ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2021 [Epub ahead of print].
- Rashid Hons M, Gale Hons CP, Curzen Hons N, et al. Impact of coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic on the incidence and management of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in patients presenting with acute myocardial infarction in England. J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9(22): e018379.
- Lim SL, Shahidah N, Saffari SE, et al. Impact of COVID-19 on out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Singapore. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021; 18(7).
- Borkowska MJ, Smereka J, Safiejko K, et al. Out-of-hospital cardiac arrest treated by emergency medical service teams during COVID-19 pandemic: A retrospective cohort study. Cardiol J. 2021; 28(1): 15–22.
- Mathew S, Harrison N, Chalek AD, et al. Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on out-of-hospital cardiac arrest care in Detroit. Am J Emerg Med. 2021 [Epub ahead of print]; 46: 90–96.
- Chan PS, Girotra S, Tang Y, et al. Outcomes for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in the United States during the Coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic. JAMA Cardiol. 2021; 6(3): 296–303.
- de Koning ER, Boogers MJ, Bosch J, et al. Emergency medical services evaluations for chest pain during first COVID-19 lockdown in Hollands-Midden, the Netherlands. Neth Heart J. 2021; 29(4): 224–229.
- Rosell Ortiz F, Fernández Del Valle P, Knox EC, et al. OHSCAR investigators. Influence of the Covid-19 pandemic on out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. A Spanish nationwide prospective cohort study. Resuscitation. 2020; 157: 230–240.
- Sultanian P, Lundgren P, Strömsöe A, et al. Cardiac arrest in COVID-19: characteristics and outcomes of in- and out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. A report from the Swedish Registry for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Eur Heart J. 2021; 42(11): 1094–1106.
- Baert V, Jaeger D, Hubert H, et al. GR-RéAC. Assessment of changes in cardiopulmonary resuscitation practices and outcomes on 1005 victims of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest during the COVID-19 outbreak: registry-based study. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2020; 28(1): 119.
- Kubica A. Rationale of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training as an element of multilevel educational and motivational project (MEDMOTION). Disaster and Emergency Medicine Journal. 2020; 5(2): 116–120.
- Sip M, Puslecki M, Dabrowski M, et al. Extended cardiopulmonary resuscitation: from high fidelity simulation scenario to the first clinical applications in Poznan out-of-hospital cardiac arrest program. Perfusion. 2020 [Epub ahead of print]: 267659120981811.
- Lim ZJ, Ponnapa Reddy M, Afroz A, et al. Incidence and outcome of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in the COVID-19 era: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Resuscitation. 2020; 157: 248–258.
- Borkowska MJ, Jaguszewski MJ, Koda M, et al. Impact of Coronavirus disease 2019 on out-of-hospital cardiac arrest survival rate: A systematic review with meta-analysis. J Clin Med. 2021; 10(6).
- Kovach CP, Perman SM. Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on cardiac arrest systems of care. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2021; 27(3): 239–245.
- Szczerbiński S, Ratajczak J, Jasiewicz M, et al. Observational analysis of out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest occurRence and temporal variability patterns in subpopulation of southern POLand from 2006 to 2018: OSCAR-POL registry. Cardiology Journal. 2021.
- Kołtowski Ł, Średniawa B, Tycińska A, et al. Predicting survival in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest patients undergoing targeted temperature management: The Polish Hypothermia Registry Risk Score. Cardiol J. 2021; 28(1): 95–100.
- Nadolny K, Bujak K, Kucap M, et al. The Silesian Registry of Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: Study design and results of a three-month pilot study. Cardiol J. 2020; 27(5): 566–574.
- Nadolny K, Zyśko D, Obremska M, et al. Analysis of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Poland in a 1-year period: data from the POL-OHCA registry. Kardiol Pol. 2020; 78(5): 404–411.
- Szczerbiński S. Observational, retrospective analysis of the circadian variability of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest within days of the week. Medical Research Journal. 2020; 5(2): 68–71.
- Ratajczak J, Łach P, Umińska JM, et al. Mild therapeutic hypothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: What does really matter? Cardiol J. 2021; 28(2): 293–301.
- Umińska JM, Ratajczak J, Buszko K, et al. Impact of mild therapeutic hypothermia on bioavailability of ticagrelor in patients with acute myocardial infarction after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Cardiol J. 2020; 27(6): 780–788.
- Umińska JM, Buszko K, Ratajczak J, et al. Comparison of temperature measurements in esophagus and urinary bladder in comatose patients after cardiac arrest undergoing mild therapeutic hypothermia. Cardiol J. 2020; 27(6): 735–741.
- Szczerbinski S, Ratajczak J, Lach P, et al. Epidemiology and chronobiology of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in a subpopulation of southern Poland: A two-year observation. Cardiol J. 2020; 27(1): 16–24.
- Kubica J, Adamski P, Paciorek P, et al. Anti-aggregation therapy in patients with acute coronary syndrome - recommendations for medical emergency teams. Experts' standpoint. Kardiol Pol. 2017; 75(4): 399–408.
- Kubica J, Adamski P, Paciorek P, et al. Treatment of patients with acute coronary syndrome: Recommendations for medical emergency teams: Focus on antiplatelet therapies. Updated experts' standpoint. Cardiol J. 2018; 25(3): 291–300.