Distal radial access: No pain, no gain
- Neumann FJ, Sousa-Uva M, Ahlsson A, et al. Considerations for the choice between coronary artery bypass grafting and percutaneous coronary intervention as revascularization strategies in major categories of patients with stable multivessel coronary artery disease: an accompanying article of the task force of the 2018 ESC/EACTS guidelines on myocardial revascularization. Eur Heart J. 2019; 40(2): 204–212.
- Mason PJ, Shah B, Tamis-Holland JE, et al. An update on radial artery access and best practices for transradial coronary angiography and intervention in acute coronary syndrome: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11(9): e000035.
- Sgueglia GA, Lee BK, Cho BR, et al. Distal radial access: consensus report of the first Korea-Europe transradial intervention meeting. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2021; 14(8): 892–906.
- Achim A, Kákonyi K, Jambrik Z, et al. Distal radial artery access for coronary and peripheral procedures: a multicenter experience. J Clin Med. 2021; 10(24).
- Naito T, Sawaoka T, Sasaki K, et al. Evaluation of the diameter of the distal radial artery at the anatomical snuff box using ultrasound in Japanese patients. Cardiovasc Interv Ther. 2019; 34(4): 312–316.
- Achim A, Szűcsborus T, Sasi V, et al. Distal radial secondary access for transcatheter aortic valve implantation: The minimalistic approach. Cardiovasc Revasc Med. 2021 [Epub ahead of print].
- Achim A, Szűcsborus T, Sasi V, et al. Safety and feasibility of distal radial balloon aortic valvuloplasty: the DR-BAV study. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2022; 15(6): 679–681.
- Momot K, Zarębiński M, Flis K, et al. Biochemical and clinical evaluation of endothelial injury after distal or traditional transradial access in percutaneous interventions. Kardiol Pol. 2022 [Epub ahead of print].
- Achim A, Leibundgut G. FAME 3 fails to defame coronary artery bypass grafting: what went wrong in the percutaneous coronary intervention arm? Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2022 [Epub ahead of print].
- Boos CJ, Balakrishnan B, Jessani S, et al. Effects of percutaneous coronary intervention on peripheral venous blood circulating endothelial cells and plasma indices of endothelial damage/dysfunction. Chest. 2007; 132(6): 1920–1926.
- George F, Brisson C, Poncelet P, et al. Rapid isolation of human endothelial cells from whole blood using S-Endo1 monoclonal antibody coupled to immuno-magnetic beads: demonstration of endothelial injury after angioplasty. Thromb Haemost. 1992; 67(1): 147–153.
- Sbarbati R, de Boer M, Marzilli M, et al. Immunologic detection of endothelial cells in human whole blood. Blood. 1991; 77(4): 764–769.
- Mitchell AJ, Mills NL, Newby DE, et al. Radial artery vasomotor function following transradial cardiac catheterisation. Open Heart. 2016; 3(2): e000443.
- Kis M, Soydan E. Preservation of radial vasomotor functions through the anatomic snuffbox: a prospective comparison with other radial accesses during coronary angiography. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2020; 30(11): 1121–1125.
- Soydan E, Kış M, Akın M. Evaluation of radial artery endothelial functions in transradial coronary angiography according to different radial access sites. Anatol J Cardiol. 2021; 25(1): 42–48.