open access

Vol 85, No 3 (2014)
ARTICLES
Get Citation

Comparative analysis of interuterine therapy of unilateral and bilateral fetal obstructive uropathy

Justyna Wojtera, Kamila Sobczuk, Ewa Draga, Krzysztof Szaflik, Anna Piaseczna-Piotrowska, Elżbieta Jaskólska
DOI: 10.17772/gp/1711
·
Ginekol Pol 2014;85(3).

open access

Vol 85, No 3 (2014)
ARTICLES

Abstract

Objective: The goal of the work was a comparative analysis of intrauterine therapy among pregnant women with diagnosed fetal uropathy and unilateral hydronephrosis. Methods: The study was conducted on a group of 98 pregnant women hospitalized at the Department of Gynecology, Fertility and Fetal Therapy, Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital between 2006-2012. The study group included 77 cases of fetal obstructive uropathy (79%) and 21 cases of unilateral hydronephrosis (21%). Both groups have been analyzed in terms of prognosis. Follow-up has been conducted and results have been statistically analyzed. Results: In 11% of cases of obstructive uropathy therapy early complications were observed. The remaining 89% of the patients delivered at a later date, of which 54% after 34 weeks of pregnancy. The average weight of a newborn was 2645g and Apgar score – 7.45. 73% of newborns were discharged home in good condition, with preserved diuresis. Conclusions: 1. The use of intrauterine therapy has a positive effect on fetal condition and newborn postnatal state. 2. Unilateral hydronephrosis group was characterized by a significantly longer duration of pregnancy, higher birth weight, Apgar score, and greater survival of newborns. 3. In the group of obstructive uropathy survival improvement was achieved and dieresis was preserved. Intrauterine interventions were associated with a low risk of complications.

Abstract

Objective: The goal of the work was a comparative analysis of intrauterine therapy among pregnant women with diagnosed fetal uropathy and unilateral hydronephrosis. Methods: The study was conducted on a group of 98 pregnant women hospitalized at the Department of Gynecology, Fertility and Fetal Therapy, Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital between 2006-2012. The study group included 77 cases of fetal obstructive uropathy (79%) and 21 cases of unilateral hydronephrosis (21%). Both groups have been analyzed in terms of prognosis. Follow-up has been conducted and results have been statistically analyzed. Results: In 11% of cases of obstructive uropathy therapy early complications were observed. The remaining 89% of the patients delivered at a later date, of which 54% after 34 weeks of pregnancy. The average weight of a newborn was 2645g and Apgar score – 7.45. 73% of newborns were discharged home in good condition, with preserved diuresis. Conclusions: 1. The use of intrauterine therapy has a positive effect on fetal condition and newborn postnatal state. 2. Unilateral hydronephrosis group was characterized by a significantly longer duration of pregnancy, higher birth weight, Apgar score, and greater survival of newborns. 3. In the group of obstructive uropathy survival improvement was achieved and dieresis was preserved. Intrauterine interventions were associated with a low risk of complications.
Get Citation

Keywords

fetal obstructive uropathy, unilateral hydronephrosis, Fetal therapy, vesicoamniotic shunt

About this article
Title

Comparative analysis of interuterine therapy of unilateral and bilateral fetal obstructive uropathy

Journal

Ginekologia Polska

Issue

Vol 85, No 3 (2014)

DOI

10.17772/gp/1711

Bibliographic record

Ginekol Pol 2014;85(3).

Keywords

fetal obstructive uropathy
unilateral hydronephrosis
Fetal therapy
vesicoamniotic shunt

Authors

Justyna Wojtera
Kamila Sobczuk
Ewa Draga
Krzysztof Szaflik
Anna Piaseczna-Piotrowska
Elżbieta Jaskólska

Regulations

Important: This website uses cookies. More >>

The cookies allow us to identify your computer and find out details about your last visit. They remembering whether you've visited the site before, so that you remain logged in - or to help us work out how many new website visitors we get each month. Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.

By "Via Medica sp. z o.o." sp.k., ul. Świętokrzyska 73, 80–180 Gdańsk
tel.:+48 58 320 94 94, faks:+48 58 320 94 60, e-mail:  viamedica@viamedica.pl