The legacy of ISCHEMIA
The legacy of ISCHEMIA
Cardiol J 2020;27(4):329-335.
- Maron D, Hochman J, Reynolds H, et al. Initial invasive or conservative strategy for stable coronary disease. N Engl J Med. 2020; 382(15): 1395–1407.
- Spertus J, Jones P, Maron D, et al. Health-Status Outcomes with Invasive or Conservative Care in Coronary Disease. N Engl J Med. 2020; 382(15): 1408–1419.
- Boden WE, O'Rourke RA, Teo KK, et al. COURAGE Trial Research Group. Optimal medical therapy with or without PCI for stable coronary disease. N Engl J Med. 2007; 356(15): 1503–1516.
- Al-Lamee R, Thompson D, Dehbi HM, et al. ORBITA investigators. Percutaneous coronary intervention in stable angina (ORBITA): a double-blind, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2018; 391(10115): 31–40.
- Maron DJ, Hochman JS, O'Brien SM, et al. ISCHEMIA Trial Research Group. International Study of Comparative Health Effectiveness with Medical and Invasive Approaches (ISCHEMIA) trial: Rationale and design. Am Heart J. 2018; 201: 124–135.
- Shaw LJ, Berman DS, Maron DJ, et al. COURAGE Investigators. Optimal medical therapy with or without percutaneous coronary intervention to reduce ischemic burden: results from the Clinical Outcomes Utilizing Revascularization and Aggressive Drug Evaluation (COURAGE) trial nuclear substudy. Circulation. 2008; 117(10): 1283–1291.
- Shaw LJ, Berman DS, Picard MH, et al. Comparative definitions for moderate-severe ischemia in stress nuclear, echocardiography, and magnetic resonance imaging. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 7(6): 593–604.
- Maron D, Harrington R, Hochman J. Planning and Conducting the ISCHEMIA Trial. Circulation. 2018; 138(14): 1384–1386.
- Shaw L, Nagel E, Salerno M, et al. Cardiac Imaging in the Post ISCHEMIA Trial Era - A Multi Society Viewpoint. JACC: Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020.
- Jang JJ, Bhapkar M, Coles A, et al. PROMISE Investigators. Predictive model for high-risk coronary artery disease. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2019; 12(2): e007940.
- Ge Y, Pandya A, Steel K, et al. Cost-Effectiveness analysis of stress cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging for stable chest pain syndromes. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020; 13(7): 1505–1517.
- Murthy VL, Eagle KA. ISCHEMIA: A Search for clarity and why we may not find it. Am Heart J. 2018; 203: 82–84.
- Cortés C, Johnson TW, Silber S, et al. ISCHEMIA trial: the long-awaited evidence to confirm our prejudices. Cardiol J. 2020.
- Antman EM, Braunwald E. Managing stable ischemic heart disease. N Engl J Med. 2020; 382(15): 1468–1470.
- Koskinas KC, Ndrepepa G, Räber L, et al. Prognostic impact of periprocedural myocardial infarction in patients undergoing elective percutaneous coronary interventions. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11(12): e006752.
- Stone G, Kappetein A, Sabik J, et al. Five-year outcomes after PCI or CABG for left main coronary disease. N Engl J Med. 2019; 381(19): 1820–1830.
- Ben-Yehuda O, Chen S, Redfors B, et al. Impact of large periprocedural myocardial infarction on mortality after percutaneous coronary intervention and coronary artery bypass grafting for left main disease: an analysis from the EXCEL trial. Eur Heart J. 2019; 40(24): 1930–1941.
- Zannad F, Rossignol P. Cardiovascular outcome trials in patients with advanced kidney disease: time for action. Circulation. 2017; 135(19): 1769–1771.
- Bangalore S, Maron DJ, O'Brien SM, et al. ISCHEMIA-CKD Research Group. Management of coronary disease in patients with advanced kidney disease. N Engl J Med. 2020; 382(17): 1608–1618.
- Bajaj NS, Singh A, Zhou W, et al. Coronary microvascular dysfunction, left ventricular remodeling, and clinical outcomes in patients with chronic kidney impairment. Circulation. 2020; 141(1): 21–33.
- Reynolds HR. Natural history of symptoms and stress echo findings in patients with moderate or severe ischemia and no obstructive CAD (INOCA): the NHLBI-funded CIAO ancillary study to the ISCHEMIA trial. ACC 2020, March 30, 2020.
- Radico F, Zimarino M, Fulgenzi F, et al. Determinants of long-term clinical outcomes in patients with angina but without obstructive coronary artery disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur Heart J. 2018; 39(23): 2135–2146.
- Garcia S, Sandoval Y, Roukoz H, et al. Outcomes after complete versus incomplete revascularization of patients with multivessel coronary artery disease: a meta-analysis of 89,883 patients enrolled in randomized clinical trials and observational studies. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62(16): 1421–1431.
- Zimarino M, Ricci F, Romanello M, et al. Complete myocardial revascularization confers a larger clinical benefit when performed with state-of-the-art techniques in high-risk patients with multivessel coronary artery disease: A meta-analysis of randomized and observational studies. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2016; 87(1): 3–12.
- Zimarino M, Curzen N, Cicchitti V, et al. The adequacy of myocardial revascularization in patients with multivessel coronary artery disease. Int J Cardiol. 2013; 168(3): 1748–1757.
- Lee HS, Lee JM, Nam CW, et al. Consensus document for invasive coronary physiologic assessment in Asia-Pacific countries. Cardiol J. 2019; 26(3): 215–225.
- Gutiérrez-Chico JL, Chen Y, Yu W, et al. Diagnostic accuracy and reproducibility of optical flow ratio for functional evaluation of coronary stenosis in a prospective series. Cardiol J. 2020 [Epub ahead of print].
- Gutiérrez-Chico JL, Louvard Y. DECISION-CTO: A "negative" clinical trial? Really? Cardiol J. 2017; 24(3): 231–233.
- Zimarino M, Briguori C, Amat-Santos IJ, et al. Mid-term outcomes after percutaneous interventions in coronary bifurcations. Int J Cardiol. 2019; 283: 78–83.
- Werner GS, Martin-Yuste V, Hildick-Smith D, et al. EUROCTO trial investigators. A randomized multicentre trial to compare revascularization with optimal medical therapy for the treatment of chronic total coronary occlusions. Eur Heart J. 2018; 39(26): 2484–2493.
- Giustino G, Chieffo A, Palmerini T, et al. Efficacy and Safety of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Complex PCI. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68(17): 1851–1864.
- Zimarino M, Renda G, De Caterina R. Optimal duration of antiplatelet therapy in recipients of coronary drug-eluting stents. Drugs. 2005; 65(6): 725–732.
- Zimarino M, Corcos T, Favereau X, et al. Rotational coronary atherectomy with adjunctive balloon angioplasty for the treatment of ostial lesions. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1994; 33(1): 22–27.
- Neumann FJ, Sousa-Uva M, Ahlsson A, et al. 2018 ESC/EACTS Guidelines on myocardial revascularization. Eur Heart J. 2019; 40(2): 87–165.
- Al-Lamee R, Jacobs AK. The ISCHEMIA Trial: Was it Worth the Wait? Circulation. 2020 [Epub ahead of print].