Focus and Scope
"Anaesthesiology Intensive Therapy" is the official journal of the Polish Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy. The journal is targeted at the members of the Polish Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Therapy as well as physicians who specialize in these areas. Every issue contains original papers, commentaries, literature reviews, and letters to the Editors.
Peer Review Process
Reviewers’ criteria for manuscripts qualification
Title reflects the subject undertaken
Assumptions are proper
Work of practical nature
Work of educational nature
Aims are clearly defined
Ethical criteria fulfilled*
Results are adequately presented*
Statistical analysis is reliable*
Discussion refers to results*
Conclusions based on study findings*
Conclusions refer to aims*
Suitably chosen, proper number and up to date references
All figures and tables are required
Standard of written English acceptable
* criteria exclusively for research papers
Guide for reviewers of manuscripts submitted for publication in “Anaesthesiology Intensive Therapy”
- Each manuscript is reviewed by at least two independent reviewers not affiliated with the author(s) research centre,
- Author(s) of manuscripts and reviewers remain anonymous throughout the review process („double–blind review process”); in other cases, reviewers sign the declaration stating no conflict of interests, i.e. no direct personal relationships (first- and second-degree kinship, legal ties, relationship by marriage), superior/subordinate professional relations or direct scientific cooperation within the two years preceding the review,
- Each review is prepared in a written form and contains an unambiguous conclusion of the reviewer whether to accept, introduce corrections, re-review or reject the manuscript,
- Criteria for acceptance or rejection of manuscripts and review forms are available on the Journal web page,
- Names of reviewers of individual manuscripts or journal issues are not revealed; the list of reviewers cooperating with the Journal is announced once a year.
Open Access Policy
Articles published on-line and available in open access are published under Creative Common Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) allowing to download articles and share them with others as long as they credit the authors and the publisher, but without permission to change them in any way or use them commercially.
Via Medica (Publisher) self-archiving policy establishes that authors can archive only accepted manuscripts including final PDF version and/or 'ahead of print' in any repository. In details, the author may only post their version provided acknowledgment is given to the original source of publication and a link is inserted to the published article on Via Medica (Publisher) website. Apart from the link mentioned above, the acknowledgment should be provided with the full bibliographic record with DOI number.