A rare case of tuberculous pyopneumothorax
tuberculosis; pyopneumothorax; thoracentesis
- Porcel JM, Vives M. Etiology and pleural fluid characteristics of large and massive effusions. Chest. 2003; 124(3): 978–983.
- Light RW. Pleural Effusion. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pulmonary-disorders/mediastinal-and-pleural-disorders/pleural-effusion (10.04.2021).
- Shaw JA, Irusen EM, Diacon AH, et al. Pleural tuberculosis: A concise clinical review. Clin Respir J. 2018; 12(5): 1779–1786.
- Muntean PE. A 50-year-old male with fever, cough, dyspnoea, chest pain, weight loss and night sweats. Breathe (Sheff). 2018; 14(1): 43–48.
- Duzhyi ID. Treatment of acute pyo-pneumothorax during the tuberculosis epidemic. Klin Khir. 2003; 9: 34–37.